Soft, gooey peaches with the perfect cookie-like crispy oat topping. This easy peach crisp is everything you need for a tasty summer dessert, but healthy enough to enjoy for breakfast.
- 6 medium sized ripe peaches
- 3 tbsp organic brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp almond extract or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 5 tbsp almond flour or oat flour
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 350F then cut and pit your peaches. Once the pit is removed, cut your peaches into thin wedges (about 1 cm in thickness) and spread to coat the bottom of a 9-in x 13-in pan.
- Top the peaches with cornstarch, brown sugar and almond extract and then toss together to combine making sure the cornstarch is mostly dissolved by the juiciness of the peaches.
- In a separate bowl, add your remaining dry ingredients and mix together with a fork. Mix in your almond butter and maple syrup and mix making sure your dry and liquid ingredients are fully combined.
- Top your peaches with the crumble and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- After cooking, remove the baking dish from the oven and allow to set for about 15-20 minutes before serving.
I recommend using old-fashioned rolled oats. Whole oats do a better job crisping up in the oven and prevent a gummy or unenjoyable topping.
Make sure that the cornstarch is mixed well with the fruit and sugar. You should not see big patches of dried cornstarch on your coated peaches.
Feel free to sub in your favorite fruit for this recipe. This works well with berries, other stone fruit and even apples and pears.
To make nut free, replace the nut butter for tahini or vegan butter, omit the pecans and replace the almond extract for vanilla extract. You can also do a mix of the chosen fat with a little apple sauce if you’d like to experiment.
Keywords: easy peach crisp, peach crisp recipe, vegan peach crisp