This nourish bowl with cilantro lime chickpeas makes for a wholesome vegan meal. The perfect easy dinner recipe loaded with flavorful chickpeas, rice, and fresh veggies.
Cilantro Lime Chickpeas
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2, 15 oz cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained or white beans
For Each Nourish Bowl
- Cooked rice or quinoa
- Add all of your marinade ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk together to combine.
- To the bowl, add your rinsed and drained chickpeas and fold them into the marinade.
- Preheat a large skillet and then pour in your chickpeas with the marinade into a pan and sauce for about 5 minutes to cook off some of the liquid.
- Remove from heat and top with extra cilantro and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble your nourish bowl, add your rice, your cilantro lime chickpeas, freshly diced tomatoes, fresh chopped cucumbers, and fresh avocado to a bowl and enjoy.
Make sure you use a sharp knife when cutting your cilantro. Using a dull knife or chopping it too finely can cause the flavor of your cilantro to seep out into your cutting board making you lose some of the flavor overall in your dish.
If planning this bowl for meal prep, prepare and store each component separately. This makes sure that your nourish bowl doesn’t get soggy over time and also helps to allow you the option to mix and match your favorite ingredients to help create some variety meal to meal.
Keywords: nourish bowl, buddha bowl, healthy vegan bowl, cilantro lime chickpeas, chickpea recipes