Combining the experience of rich chocolate and that distinct cinnamon sugar crunch was my goal with these Chocolate Churro Rice Crispy Bars. Easy to make, no marshmallows needed, which keeps these treats vegan and gluten-free with a little extra nutrition.
- 3/4 cup salted cashew butter or almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chilled canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 4 cups One Degree Organics Sprouted Brown Rice Cacao Crisps
- 2, 14 oz vegan dark chocolate bars
- In a saucepan, add your cashew butter, maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon and coconut sugar and place on the stovetop over low medium heat stirring well to combine.
- Remove from the heat and then fold in your cereal, stirring well to coat.
- Pour your cereal mixture into a parchment lined 9inx9in baking pan and pack it together tightly using the back of a spoon.
- Break your chocolate into smaller pieces into a microwave safe dish. Then, microwave your chocolate for a minute, stopping to stir once halfway through.
- Remove from the microwave and stir well until all the chocolate chunks fully dissolve. Pour the chocolate over the cereal and spread evenly to coat.
- Place the tray into the fridge to set and harden for 2 hours. Remove from the tray and cut into bars at your desired size with a sharp knife then enjoy.
Make sure to use a smooth nut or seed butter for this recipe. If it’s thick and hard, it won’t mix well with the recipe.
Use a neutral tasting nut or seed butter as this will prevent the cinnamon sugar flavor from being overpowered in the bars.
Pack your cereal mixture really well into your tray. Leaving it loose will lead to your bars falling apart, so either with clean hands or the back of a spoon, press the mixture together tightly.
Keywords: vegan rice crispy bars, rice crispy bars, cereal bars