This Panzanella Salad recipe is a fun twist on the original that is loaded with freshly grilled peaches and warm toasted bread. The perfect nutritious salad that’s still perfect for entertaining guests this summer.
- 2 peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups Silver Hills Bakery Organic Sprouted Power Bread, cubed (about 7–8 slices, cubed)
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp dry basil
- Pinch of cayenne
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped or tear apart with your hands
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup cucumbers, deseeded and sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- Grilled Peaches
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill pan or griddle. Toss peaches with maple syrup and cinnamon, and add to the grill allowing peaches to cook evenly for 2-3 minutes on both sides. Set peaches aside.
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and toast your bread with a pinch of salt and pepper for 4-5 minutes or until slightly golden then set aside.
- Make the dressing by adding the remaining olive oil, lemon, vinegar, Dijon mustard, dry basil and cayenne together then whisk with a fork.
- To assemble the salad, add your toasted bread, fresh basil, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion and grilled peaches. Pour the dressing overtop and toss to coat. Serve salad immediately and enjoy.
For best results, toast your bread! Since we are using sandwich bread, toasting it will help to keep the salad from going soggy and maintain its heartiness once it’s mixed with the dressing.
To help keep your salad crisp, deseed your cucumber. Cut your cucumber in half length wise and with a spoon scrape out the seeds from the center. This will help remove a lot of extra moisture from the salad.
Do plan to enjoy this salad immediately as the bread and dressing are tossed together to avoid a soggy salad.
Keywords: panzanella salad, peach panzanella salad, vegan summer recipes, grilling recipes