This coconut green curry tofu recipe is easy to make and has the most delicious creamy coconut sauce loaded with fresh herbs and spices. This simple and healthy vegan recipe is done in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 15 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 or 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsp gluten-free tamari
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 scallions
- 1/2 jalapeño (optional)
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 2 scallions
- Handful fresh cilantro
- Handful fresh basil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp avocado oil or other neutral oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped into chunks
- 1 (450g) block extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 1 cup spinach
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- In a blender, blend up the coconut milk, water, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, jalapeño, scallions, sugar, curry paste, cilantro, and basil and blend until smooth then set aside. Feel free to add more water if you’d like your curry to be a little thinner.
- In a large pan, add your oil then sauté your onion with a pinch of salt until softened. Add in your asparagus and zucchini and sauté until they become a vibrant green and cook through.
- Pour veggies into a bowl and if desired sauté your tofu to brown slightly.
- Pour in your curry sauce to the pan with the tofu and bring to a low simmer. Allow to simmer covered for about 5-8 minutes (adjust liquid if desired).
- Stir in your cooked veggies and spinach, add a squeeze of lime and allow the spinach to wilt. Serve along side some rice and enjoy.
While you can add each of the sauce ingredients finely minced to a sauce pan to cook, I find the flavor and color of the curry become more vibrant after blending your sauce ingredients.
You can adjust the consistency of your curry by adding additional water or vegetable broth to the sauce to help thin it out. I typically start with 1/2 cup extra to the sauce ingredients for something creamy and adjust as I see fit.
You can feel free to change out the types of vegetables used in this curry for others. I opted for green style vegetables to help amplify the beautiful color of the sauce.
Keywords: coconut green curry tofu, vegan green curry, easy vegan recipe