These chocolate cherry oatmeal breakfast cookies are easy to make and use only 10 ingredients. The perfect grab and go vegan breakfast that tastes like dessert.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Set oven to 350F. To a food processor add rolled oats, coconut, baking powder, ground flaxseed and salt then pulse together until some of the oats are mostly broken down into a flour (it’s okay if the oats aren’t completely broken down).
- Add your peanut butter, maple syrup, and almond milk and pulse to form a dough.
- Fold in your cherries and chocolate and then take 1-2 tablespoons of dough and form into a cookie shape or into an energy bite.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 12 minutes. Allow to cool, then enjoy!
If the dough is not sticking together, just add a little more peanut butter or maple syrup to the mix until it starts to form a workable dough.
If not a fan of coconut, just replace the coconut with more oats.
Allergic to nut butter? Swap out for a seed butter like tahini. I love making this same recipe with tahini. It balances really well with the sweetness from the cherries and maple syrup.
Keywords: breakfast cookies, vegan breakfast cookies, chocolate chip breakfast cookies, easy vegan breakfast recipes