This vegan walnut taco meat recipe is the perfect filling for tacos and salad bowls. Made with black beans, walnuts and chipotle peppers.
- 1, 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sazon
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of kosher salt and pepper
- 2 chipotle peppers canned in adobo sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F. Take your beans and walnuts and spread them out on a lined baking sheet. Sprinkle your bean mix with your spices and a pinch of kosher salt, then mix everything together using a spoon to make sure everything is coated.
- Place the tray in the oven to bake for 15 minutes and remove from the oven to cool.
- Add your bean mixture and chipotle peppers to a food processor and pulse until the mixture starts to come together and resemble crumbles. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, heat your grounds in a pan with a little oil and sauté to heat through, about 5 minutes.
Make sure to use canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, NOT adobo seasoning. Those are two separate things.
Rinse your canned beans really well to remove any sauce around the beans before adding to your sheet pan to roast.
You can also swap the sazon for chili powder if you don’t have access to it. Another easy option to go for is to replace the spices listed with 1-2 tablespoons of taco seasoning for convenience, just note that it will likely have a different flavor than the specific spices listed in the recipe.
Keywords: vegan taco meat, walnut taco meat recipe, vegan walnut taco meat