This Sweet Chili Chickpeas Sheet Pan dinner combines chickpeas with a sauce made from lime juice, maple, soy and garlic chili. Easy weeknight dinner, vegan and delicious. Cooks in 30 minutes.
- 1, 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into chunks
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or other neutral oil
- 1 tbsp garlic chili sauce or sriracha
- 3 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp mirin
- Zest and juice of one lime
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Set oven to 425F. Add drained chickpeas to a clean kitchen towel and dry well. Remove any excess chickpea skins that rub off and then place on a lined baking sheet.
- To the baking sheet, add your bell peppers and onion along with your dry spices and oil. With your hands, toss your chickpeas and vegetables with the spices and spread out on an even layer. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and place in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- While chickpeas bake, add remaining ingredients to a sauce pan and bring to a low simmer, stirring well to combine.
- Allow sauce to cook for about 3 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken slightly. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Remove sheet pan from the oven and drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of the sauce overtop.
- With a spoon, stir the sauce into the chickpea and vegetable mixture. Spread back out evenly on the pan and place back in the oven for an extra 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and add a few more spoonfuls of sauce overtop. Serve and use extra sauce to drizzle overtop if desired.
Make sure to rinse and drain your chickpeas, then place them on a clean kitchen towel and dry them as best you can. As you dry your chickpeas, remove any excess chickpea skins that rub off your chickpeas.
Roast them first without the sauce. Toss your chickpeas with a little oil and then spread them out on a baking sheet to bake in the oven.
Spread your chickpeas and vegetables out on the pan. Make sure your veggies and chickpeas are spread out in a single layer on your pan. Avoid laying your vegetables and chickpeas on top of each other as this will prompt them to steam instead of roast.
Keywords: chickpeas sheet pan, vegan sheet pan dinner, sheet pan dinner