This Vegan Strawberry Matcha Latte recipe is both refreshing and easy to make. The perfect morning pick me up naturally sweetened with strawberries and maple syrup.
- 7–8 small frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1/3 cup hot water
- Allow frozen strawberries to thaw in a bowl.
- Pour in maple syrup, then mash and mix them together well with a fork and set aside.
- Sift your matcha into a matcha bowl, then pour in your hot water.
- With a bamboo whisk, begin to quickly and gently flick your wrist back and forth in the bowl making a “w” motion until all your matcha is mixed well and frothy on top.
- To a glass, pour in your mashed strawberries, then top with your ice.
- Slowly pour in your milk, followed by slowly pouring in your matcha on top to help preserve your layers.
- When ready to serve, give your drink a gentle mix with your straw to help release a little bit of the sweetness through out your beverage, then enjoy immediately.
Warm your water to just about boiling. This will help prevent your matcha from becoming too bitter.
Sifting your matcha through a strainer will help to make sure that your matcha does not clump, which will make your beverage much smoother in taste and texture.
Using frozen strawberries is a little bit easier for this recipe. You can thaw out your strawberries and they will be much easier to mash. If you use fresh, you will need to cook your strawberries down to make them easier to mash.
Layer your latte based on weight. Start by layering your mashed strawberries and then your ice. Follow by slowly pouring in your milk and then slowly pouring in your matcha. This will help to create the lovely layers of separation.
Keywords: drinks and beverages, matcha recipes