This Cilantro Lime Quinoa Salad recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes and tossed with a delicious herb infused zesty dressing.
- 1cup quinoa, uncooked
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, with stems
- 1 scallion, end removed
- 1–2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup plain unsweetened plant based yogurt or extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of one lime
- Juice of two limes 2 limes
- ½ tsp coriander
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1, 15 oz can of white beans, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup red onion, finely diced
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and chopped
- Cook quinoa according to the package. Once cooked, fluff your quinoa and allow to cool.
- Prep the cilantro lime dressing by placing your cilantro, scallion, garlic, yogurt, lime juice and zest, coriander, white wine vinegar and maple syrup in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- To a bowl add in your quinoa, beans, onion and cucumber and toss together.
- When ready to serve, pour your dressing over top and toss everything together once more to combine.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste then serve or allow to chill in the fridge.
Make sure you allow your cooked quinoa time to cool before preparing this salad. Mixing the warm quinoa with some of the other cool vegetables like cucumber will make it a little weird.
When making your dressing, use the leaves and stems for your cilantro. Your stems have a good deal of nutrition and flavor, so no need to discard for this recipe.
If you are making this salad for meal prep, store the base of your salad separate from your dressing to make your salad last much longer! If you store your quinoa and your dressing separately, they will last for up to 4-5 days in the fridge.
Keywords: dinner recipes, quick and easy, quinoa salad recipes