These samoa cookie overnight oats are like having dessert for breakfast. Easy to meal prep and a way to satisfy that sweet tooth. Vegan, gluten free, and just requires about 5 minutes to prep.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (or gluten free rolled oats)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 medjool dates, chopped
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut, divided
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage (carton not canned)
- Splash of vanilla extract
- To a jar or regular container, add in your oats, chia seeds, medjool dates, 1 tbsp shredded coconut, chocolate chips, cinnamon, and salt then give everything a good stir.
- Add your plant milk and vanilla extract and give another good stir before sealing your jar or container with a lid.
- Place your container in the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight.
- To make the toasted coconut, add your remaining shredded coconut to a pan over low medium heat and stir well until coconut has started to brown.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Add your toasted coconut on top of your oats with extra chocolate chips, fruits and other seeds as desired.
Want this warm? Make sure to prep your oats in a microwave safe container. When ready to eat, remove from fridge and pop in the microwave for a minute or more to warm up. Then top and enjoy.
I recommend topping with fruit day of enjoying so that they don’t get mushy or weird in texture.
Make sure to use rolled oats or old fashioned oats for this recipe. I do not recommending steal cut oats for this as they will not soften.
The longer your oats sit, the softer the oats will get. They may also absorb a lot of liquid. If your oats seem too thick, feel free to add a few tablespoons of plant milk to loosen up.
Keywords: overnight oats, breakfast