This vegan coconut cardamom baked oatmeal is filled with warming cinnamon and cardamom spices along with layers of different kinds of coconut. Cozy and super easy to make, their the perfect make ahead breakfast that is vegan, gluten free and healthy!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut cream OR 1/4 cup nut or seed butter
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
Sweet Maple Peanut Sauce
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of salt to taste
- 4 tbsp coconut milk
- Toasted Coconut
- Sliced Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a 9-in x 13-in non-stick baking dish, add in your rolled oats, quick oats, baking powder, ground flaxseed, shredded coconut, cardamom, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir your dry ingredients well and then pour in your milk, coconut cream and plant milk.
- With a spoon or spatula, stir all your ingredients together really well. Use your spatula to remove any excess of the mixture from the sides of your baking dish.
- Make sure your oats appear evenly spread out and then place your dish into the oven. Bake your oats for 30 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before cutting into them.
- As you wait for your oats to cool, make your sauce. Combine peanut butter, maple syrup and salt and mix well.
- Add in 2 tbsp of coconut milk and whisk to combine.
- Whisk in remaining coconut milk and taste and adjust sweetness and salt to preference.
- Drizzle over your serving of baked oats.
For best texture please stick to rolled oats and quick oats in combination. You can opt for all rolled oats, but I find this recipe works best when this is in combination. DO NOT REPLACE WITH STEEL CUT OATS.
Not sure what coconut cream is? I got mine by not mixing a can of coconut milk. The thicker creamier part that settles at the top of our can of coconut milk is the cream. Measure it out with a measuring cup and add to the recipe as instructed. You can mix the rest of the can and use the remainder for the sauce as listed.
Keywords: baked oatmeal, breakfast