These matcha latte overnight oats are a fun twist on a tasty morning beverage and easy to prep for a quick grab and go filling breakfast. These are gluten free and can be made nut free with a few simple swaps.
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 mashed medjool date or 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk or oat milk
- 2 tbsp unsweetened vegan yogurt
- Pinch of salt
- Sift your matcha into a matcha bowl. Add your water and using a flicking motion with your wrist, whisk your matcha with the water in a “W” pattern until your water and matcha are well combined and free of clumps.
- In a medium sized jar, combine your oats, salt, chia seeds and mix well.
- Add in your sweetener of choice, yogurt, milk and the matcha you prepared then stir well to combine and allow to sit for five minutes.
- Give your mixture one more good stir, then seal your jar and allow to thicken overnight in the fridge.
- Before serving, mix again and if desired add a little more milk to achieve your desired consistency then serve.
For best results, please used rolled oats for this recipe. Do not sub your rolled oats for steel cut oats.
The longer your oats sit, the thicker and softer they will get. Note that you might want to opt to prep these containers 2 at a time before setting up your next batch if prepping for the week. I often like to prep all the dry ingredients in the jars for the week and then add in the wet ingredients the night before to help minimize prep work.
I recommend adding your fruit, nuts and seeds the morning you plan to enjoy. This will prevent the texture of the fruit from getting strange as it sits.
Keywords: gluten free, breakfast, oatmeal