These garlic chili chickpeas will make you excited about chickpeas. Loaded with spice, garlic and tangy goodness, it’s all you’ll need for a quick and flavorful meal.
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 medium red onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic chili sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Combine corn starch and water, whisking together until no clumps remain and then set aside.
- Heat up a medium sized non-stick pan and begin by sautéing your onions with a pinch of salt until softened.
- Add in red bell pepper and chickpeas and continue to sauté for about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in your soy sauce, garlic chili sauce, maple syrup, garlic powder, and ginger powder and continue to stir until fragrant.
- Pour in your corn starch mixture along with the sesame seeds and continue to sauté your chickpeas until all the liquid in the pan thickens and leaves a nice glossy coating around your chickpeas.
Make sure that the cornstarch is dissolved well in your water before pouring into your pan.
Keywords: gluten free, chickpeas