Each bite of these fluffy gluten free blueberry pancakes is heaven. Vegan, fiber filled, these are the perfect energizing breakfast.
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup plain plant based yogurt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground flax and water and let sit for a minute.
- While waiting for the flax egg to gel, process your oats into a fine flour in a food processor or blender and set aside.
- To the mixing bowl with the flax egg, add a banana and mash it well.
- Add in apple cider vinegar, yogurt and maple syrup and mix well to combine.
- Mix in baking powder, baking soda, and salt, you will notice your batter puff up a little and turn a little paler in color.
- Now add your rice flour, oat flour and almond milk then whisk together to form a batter. Make sure not to over mix your batter.
- Once mixed, fold in blueberries and to a preheated greased skillet or griddle add 1/4 cup of batter at a time.
- Allow pancake to cook for about 3 minutes or until the top surface starts to appear less wet, then flip.
- Cook evenly on the other side and allow to cook again for an additional 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Remove pancakes and repeat with the remaining batter, then enjoy as desired.
Cook time will vary depending on if you are using a large griddle or a small pan. The larger the surface, the more pancakes you can cook at one time.
When batter is fully mixed, please note that your batter will be slightly thick. If too thick, add 1-2 additional tablespoon of almond milk to help loosen it up. The thickness will help result in a fluffier pancake, so make sure you measure appropriately for best results.
Keywords: pancakes, breakfast, meal prep