An easy vegan version of the viral feta pasta using a creamy tofu “feta” stirred into blistered cherry tomatoes, rich olive oil and pasta.
- 1 block firm tofu, drain and pat dry with a paper towel
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
Tofu “Feta” Pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 6–7 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/2 of the Tofu “Feta” Recipe
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced
- 4–5 leaves of fresh basil
- 8 oz of dry pasta
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta liquid
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, start by adding in your tofu, nutritional yeast, miso paste, salt and lemon juice.
- Process on high until smooth, then set aside.
Tofu “Feta” Pasta
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a large baking dish, add in cherry tomatoes, crushed garlic, half of the olive oil and season with a generous amount of lemon pepper before stirring well to coat evenly.
- Make a well in the middle of your baking dish and scoop half of the tofu mixture in the middle of the tomatoes, reserving the remaining half to store in the fridge for future use.
- Sprinkle in your sun dried tomatoes, dry oregano and dry basil then drizzle the remaining olive oil over top.
- Place baking dish into the oven for 30 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to burst and release their juices.
- As tomatoes and tofu are cooking, cook your pasta according to the package. Make sure to reserve your pasta water before draining the pasta.
- Remove baking dish and carefully with a fork or cooking spoon mash the tomatoes and garlic well to release all the juices and stir into tofu to create your sauce.
- To the baking dish, add in your pasta and pasta water and stir well to coat. Your sauce will thicken and coat the pasta as you stir to combine.
- Stir in your fresh basil and adjust seasonings to taste before serving.
- You can replace the tofu “feta” recipe with 1/2 a tub of garlic hummus. Hummus will bake up nice and warm and create a lovely creamy sauce to pair with your pasta.
Keywords: tofu, pasta