This cauliflower quinoa soup is infused with delicious garlic flavor and warming spices. Perfectly hearty, nutritious and gentle on digestion. Enjoy this on a colder day or meal prep for an easy quick and delicious soup to enjoy throughout the week.
- 2 tsp olive oil or 1/4 cup vegetable broth for sautéing
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into golf ball size pieces
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 15oz can cannellini beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups spinach
- Juice of one lemon (optional)
- Red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, warm up your oil or vegetable broth and sauté onions, celery and garlic with a pinch of salt together until onions have softened.
- Add in cauliflower along with the thyme, cumin, paprika, nutritional yeast and sauté for about 5 minutes to cook.
- Stir in quinoa along with the cannellini beans, coconut milk, vegetable broth and soy sauce.
- Once mixed, bring soup up to a boil and then reduce to a simmer, cover with a lid and allow to cook for about 20 minutes or until quinoa is fully cooked. Remove from heat and stir in spinach allowing spinach a minute to wilt. Squeeze in your lemon juice and adjust salt and pepper to taste before enjoying.
This soup will continue to thicken as it sits. You can rehydrate it and get it to your desired consistency by adding additional vegetable broth as desired when reheating.
Keywords: fall, winter, soup, gluten free, quick and easy