This blueberry walnut baked oatmeal is the perfect meal prep for those that don’t like regular oatmeal. Bakes in one dish, tastes like a muffin and still gives you all the nutrition benefits of oats.
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup gluten free oat flour or regular flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or opt for sunflower seeds to make nut free)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or white sugar
- 1/2 cup or more frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened soy milk (opt for other unsweetened milk based on your preference)
- 1/4 cup tahini or sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Set oven to 350F. In an 8×8 baking dish, place oats, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, chia seeds, salt and sugar.
- Fold dry ingredients together until well incorporated.
- Add in blueberries and mix well with the dry ingredients.
- Mix in milk and tahini until to form a thick oat batter.
- With your mixing spoon, gently press down on the mixture to flatten and compact it.
- Place your oats in the oven for 30 minutes. Then remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before scooping out to serve.
To ensure this oatmeal is gluten free, make sure to use gluten free flour and gluten free rolled oats.
If you opt out all together on the fat component of this recipe, please do make sure to add moisture from a different source like mashed banana or apple sauce.
Keywords: gluten free, winter, fall, breakfast, oatmeal