A delicious, creamy peppermint hot chocolate that is healthy for you. Made with almond butter and sweetened with dates, this is a must try!
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3 soft medjool dates
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1–2 heaping tbsp of almond butter
- 2–3 drops peppermint extract
- Pinch of salt
- Heat up your almond milk in the microwave for about 2 minutes or heat on the stove top until heated through making sure to stir so your milk doesn’t burn.
- Add hot milk, medjool dates, cocoa powder, almond butter, peppermint extract and salt to a high speed blender and blend on high until completely smooth.
- Pour into your favorite mugs and enjoy as is or add extras to your hearts content.
If you are using a weaker blender, I do recommend straining it through a mesh strainer to catch any chunks that might have been missed.
If your medjool dates are not soft, heat them up in the almond milk to soften.
Keywords: chocolate, hot chocolate, peppermint chocolate cookies