Enjoy your favorite gingerbread cookie flavors as an easy oatmeal bowl! This gingerbread oatmeal is loaded with molasses and warming ginger!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp molasses
- 2 tsp maple syrup or brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Salt to taste
- 1 pear (sliced thin)
- 6–8 pecans (whole or roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of ginger
- Pinch of salt
Gingerbread Oatmeal Instructions
- In a saucepan, add milk, vanilla, maple syrup, molasses and mix together then add in oats, cinnamon, ginger, salt and ground flax seed.
- Mix oatmeal ingredients together and bring to a low simmer.
- Make sure to stir frequently once at a simmer to prevent oats or milk from sticking or burning at the bottom.
- Cook oatmeal for about 5 minutes or until oatmeal is at your desired consistency, then serve as desired.
Sautéed Pears Instructions
- In a separate pan while oatmeal is cooking, add pears, pecans, maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger, and salt to a nonstick pan.
- Stir ingredients to combine and allow pears to cook and soften.
- Continue stirring over low medium heat until syrup and seasoning has completely coated pears and pecans.
- Add over top your bowl of cooked gingerbread oatmeal and enjoy.
To make these oats or the sautéed pears more decadent, add a teaspoon or two of vegan butter and cook into the recipe towards the end.
To make oats gluten free, make sure to opt for marked packages of gluten free oatmeal.
Keywords: breakfast, gingerbread, oatmeal