The balance of ginger and sweet, these ginger molasses cookies with the best crispy edges and perfect chewy center. Easy, simple ingredients!
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp of flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp gingerbread spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unsulphured molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl, combine flax and water and set aside to gel.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, spice, and salt and whisk together.
- Make a shallow well in your flour and then add in your wet ingredients including the flax egg, molasses, vanilla, maple syrup, and tahini.
- With a spatula, fold the wet and dry ingredients together until you get a soft dough.
- Portion out dough using a cookie scoop on to a lined baking sheet. With a lightly wet palm, gently press down on them to flatten and sprinkle with some extra sugar if you have extra left over.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from tray.
Please note that I have not tested this cookie out with gluten free flours. Please make sure you have a good understanding of how gluten free flours work before adjusting the flours in this recipe. If you note a combination that works, please share in the comments!
Keywords: cookies, ginger, molasses