These almond butter sugar cookies are soft, perfectly chewy thanks to the addition of almond butter and just the right amount of sweet.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup organic white sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 4 tbsp apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Set your oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and mix well.
- Follow by adding in your almond butter, apple sauce, and vanilla and mix well first using a fork and then if needed using your hands until a smooth and lightly sticky dough starts to form.
- Place bowl with dough in the fridge and let set for about 15 minutes.
- Prepare a lined baking sheet, and with a cookie scoop or spoon portion out dough across your baking sheet making sure to leave enough space in between.
- With clean hands, gently press down on each dough ball to slightly flatten it, then place your baking sheet into the oven for 9-11 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven and allow to slightly cool undisturbed for 5-10 minutes.
To make cookie cutouts
- If you would like to make cut out cookies using this dough, place a sheet of parchment paper on a flat working surface and flour it.
- Take your dough from out of the freezer and place on the floured surface. Sprinkle top of dough with flour and gently press the dough down slightly to flatten.
- Flour a rolling pin and begin to roll out your dough to about 1/4 inch thickness. Using a floured cookie cutter, cut out shapes as desired, peeling excess dough away and placing cut shapes on a lined baking sheet.
- Rework and re-flour extra dough as needed until all cookies are cut and ready to bake. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Allow to completely cool before adding any icing or designing.
Keywords: almond butter, cookies, sugar cookies