This teriyaki tofu is vegan, gluten free and comes together in just 15 minutes. Coated in a sweet soy glaze and a pop of citrus, this quick weeknight dinner will be an instant favorite.
- 1 block of super firm tofu***
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp neutral oil
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp sake or water***
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar or organic white sugar
- 2 servings of ramen noodles
- 2 cups steamed broccoli
- Lime wedges
- Lime zest
- 1/2 inch knob of ginger (grated)
- Cut tofu into cubes and place in a gallon freezer bag with cornstarch, nutritional yeast, lemon pepper and salt. Shake bag to coat and set aside.
- Combine tamari, sake, and sugar and stir well to dissolve most of the sugar then set aside.
- Warm oil in a skillet to medium heat and then add tofu pieces. Cook tofu evenly, making sure to flip and stir tofu until golden, about 4-5 minutes.
- Once tofu is golden, pour in sauce and allow to heat through and begin to bubble. Stir tofu in sauce frequently to coat as it thickens, about 3-4 minutes. Tofu should appear glossy on the outside surface.
- As the sauce thickens, add in steamed broccoli and sauté to coat.
- Prepare noodles according to package. Divide portion of noodles between two plates and top with teriyaki tofu.
- Garnish tofu with lime zest, grated ginger, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Keywords: teriyaki, tofu