This vegan double layer pumpkin cheesecake is the perfect holiday dessert featuring both a vanilla and pumpkin layer. Easy and delicious!
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
Vanilla Cheesecake Filling
- 1 12 oz package aseptic extra firm SILKEN tofu ((I used Mori-nu brand))
- 1 8 oz vegan cream cheese ((I used Tofutti brand))
- 1 6 oz container vegan plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 tbsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Start by setting the oven to 350F. Then it’s time to prep the crust. To a food processor, add some pecans, oats, maple syrup, nut butter, salt and pumpkin spice and pulse together until a sticky dough forms.
- Line some parchment paper into a 9×5 in loaf pan then take your dough and start spreading it out flat on the bottom of the pan. You can use a flat bottom cup or measuring cup to make sure the crust is flat.
- Take your pan and then place in the oven for about 15 minutes while prepping your filling. Once crust is cooked, remove from the oven and then lower the heat of your oven down to 325F.
- Wash out the contents of your food processor and now place in silken tofu, plain yogurt, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, salt and corn starch. Seal and process on high until your filling is completely smooth.
- To the crust, add 1/3 of the vanilla cheesecake filling on top and spread out evenly. Add pumpkin puree, some coconut sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin spice to the remaining filling left in your food processor and process on high again until filling is smooth.
- Scoop filling and place on top of the plain layer of cheesecake filling in your pan. With a spatula, delicately spread the filling flat and then lift and tap your pan on your counter surface to release any trapped air bubbles.
- Place your pan into the oven for 50-60 minutes. When you remove the pan from the oven, you will notice the middle might jiggle slightly. It will firm up as it cools, so do not worry.
- Allow to cool for 15-30 minutes at room temperature, and then transfer to your refrigerator to cool for a few hours or overnight before serving.
- No pecans? That’s okay, you can replace it with most nuts as desired.
Keywords: cheesecake, holidays, pumpkin cheesecake