These vegan cranberry chili meatballs are the perfect holiday appetizer. Sweet, tangy, and spicy and just takes 20 minutes to make!
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp minced rosemary
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package plant based meatballs, falafel or sausage
- Juice of 1/2 an orange
- Zest of 1 orange
- Take meatballs and cook in your toaster oven according to the package and set aside.
- Combine cranberry sauce, tomato paste, ketchup, chili powder, cumin, hot sauce, rosemary, vinegar, maple syrup and water in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring contents up to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Add in meatballs then cover with a lid and allow to cook for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in orange juice and a sprinkle of orange zest.
- Remove from heat and serve as desired.
- Feel free to just prepare the sauce as is without the meatballs. Still delicious on its own. We typically save the sauce for leftovers throughout the week.
- Replace the vegan meatballs with falafel, vegan sausage or other protein alternative.
Keywords: chili spice, cranberries, cranberry sauce, orange