This is the best sweet jalapeno cornbread because it’s easy, delicious, quick, and homemade. Just 10 simple ingredients, mix and bake!
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup frozen fire roasted corn
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 jalapeños (diced)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, combine corn meal, oat flour, baking powder, salt, and turmeric.
- Add in maple syrup, coconut milk, soy milk, and vinegar and mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Let batter sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Fold in corn and jalapeno then place batter into a greased or non-stick 8×8 baking pan.
- Place tray into oven and bake for 45 minutes. You can check to see if it is fully cooked by poking the center with a toothpick, which should come out clean. If not, bake for an additional 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Cut into even squares and enjoy!
- If making into muffins, bake for 20-30 minutes or until center of muffin passes the toothpick test.
Keywords: corn, cornbread, holidays