This vegan s’mores pumpkin mug cake is an easy fall treat that uses basic pantry ingredients. Baked in the microwave in just 1 minute.
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tbsp pumpkin purée
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp dairy free chocolate chips
- 6–7 vegan marshmallow minis
- Add flour, baking powder, brown sugar, spice, and salt to a large mug and mix to combine.
- Mix in peanut butter, pumpkin and almond milk and stir well to make a batter.
- Fold in chocolate chips and marshmallows then add a few to top the surface of the mug as desired.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and rest for 5 seconds then microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Allow to cool slightly before consuming.
- If using an oven, preheat your oven to 350F. Add your batter to a 4 oz ramekin and bake for about 15-20 minutes to allow cake to fully bake. Poke center of cake with a toothpick and test to make sure the toothpick comes back clean.
- If mug cake looks raw in the center, microwave for an additional 15 seconds.
- The following flours have been tested for this mug cake: spelt flour, whole wheat pastry flour, white flour, and gluten free oat flour. If you test other flours, let me know how they turn out!
Keywords: mug cake, pumpkin, recipes