This apple cider oatmeal tastes like dessert for breakfast. Loaded with apples sautéed in apple cider, this is the perfect hearty bowl. Make a batch for now and save the other serving for later in the week. Great to reheat and eat.
- 2 apples (diced)
- 1/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp apple pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp apple pie spice or cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened almond milk or soy milk
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- In a sauce pan add diced apples and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add cider, spice, maple syrup and pinch of salt and sauté until softened. Reserve some apples here to top your bowl.
- Add in remaining oatmeal ingredients and stir then bring to a simmer and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring regularly until oats are cooked.
- To make sure this is gluten free, make sure to use gluten free oats.
Keywords: apple cider, apples, oatmeal