This easy vegan roasted tomato soup uses sun dried tomatoes and roasted garlic for a pop of flavor. Just bake and blend to perfection.
- 1 28 oz can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic (crushed and peels removed)
- 1/2 red onion (roughly chopped)
- 4 sundried tomatoes (packed in oil)
- 1 tsp sazon seasoning
- 5–6 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or cashew milk
- 2–3 cups hot water
- 1 tsp vegetable bouillon base
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a 9×13 baking dish, add canned tomatoes and arrange garlic cloves, red onions and sundried tomatoes over top.
- Layer on thyme and sazon and place baking dish into the oven for about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven, and remove thyme sprigs from the dish. Carefully ladle the baked tomato mixture into a blender.
- Add fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, coconut milk, hot water and vegetable base to the blender.
- Cover blender and blend on high until soup is nice and smooth. Adjust water depending on level of thickness you desire for your soup.
- Season soup to taste and serve as a side, snack or along side some vegan grilled cheese.
Keywords: soup, tomato soup, tomatoes