This maple ginger beet stir fry is easy to whip up and uses a lot of seasonal ingredients including beets. Quick, nutritious and flavorful!
- 1/2 small red onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot (sliced into coins)
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tsp olive oil (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 inch fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 3 Love Beets (cubed)
- 1 1/2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp Five Spice
- In a pan over medium heat, add onions and mushrooms. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and sauté until onions are softened.
- Add in broccoli florets and carrots. then sauté for an additional minute then add 3 tbsp of water and cover pan with a lid to steam for about 3-4 minutes or until bright green.
- Remove lid from pan and add in olive oil, garlic and ginger. Stir well until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in chickpeas and cubed beets and sauté to warm through.
- Stir in soy sauce, maple syrup and five spice and sauté until all liquids are absorbed.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and then serve with some starch as desired.
- Feel free to opt for different vegetables based on preference. Please note that this may impact cooking time.
Keywords: beets, quick and easy, stir fry