These delicious chocolate chip quinoa cookies are the perfect chewy texture made with wholesome ingredients. Easy, vegan and gluten free!
- 1/2 cup cooked/leftover quinoa
- 1 1/3 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup runny peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or ground flax seeds
- Mix Ins: chocolate chips (raisins, walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add cooled quinoa, oats, peanut butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, baking powder, salt, coconut flakes and chia seeds to a food processor then process ingredients on high until a dough forms.
- Mix in chocolate chips, raisins, walnuts or any additional ingredients you prefer into the food processor.
- Pulse the ingredients 4-5 times in the food processor to mix everything together well.
- With slightly damp hands, take dough and divide into 9 even dough balls.
- Place cookie dough on a lined baking sheet and press down into the dough to flatten into a cookie shape.
- Take tray of cookies and place in the oven for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before eating.
- To make nut free, replace peanut butter with tahini or sunflower seed butter.
- Feel free to jumble up the number of mix in ingredients you like! Really love these cookies with a mix of chocolate chips, walnuts and raisins. But don’t limit yourself to the possibilities!
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, cookies, quinoa