Each bite of these chipotle lime black beans is smoky, zesty and rich in flavor. A quick and easy vegan dinner done in under 30 minutes.
- 1/4 medium onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp chipotle pepper seasoning or flakes
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 15 oz can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 15 oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Juice of 1/2 a large lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- Salt & pepper to taste
- To a pan over medium heat, add in onions and mushrooms and saute until onions soften.
- Stir in garlic and saute mixture for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add in chipotle pepper, coriander, smoked paprika, cumin, and oregano and sauté again until spices are fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Make sure to continuously stir spices to avoid spices from burning.
- Pour in black beans, tomatoes and sugar, and stir well to fully combine.
- Bring mixture to a low simmer and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in zest and lime juice. Stir well to combine and adjust seasonings to taste then serve.
Keywords: black beans, chipotle, lime