These chewy orange ginger granola clusters make you feel like you’re eating a breakfast cookie in a bowl. Soft, chewy, flavorful and easy to make!
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter or tahini
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1 1/3 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- In a bowl, add banana and completely mash with a fork.
- Add in almond butter, maple syrup, orange zest, ginger powder, and salt and stir to completely combine with mashed banana.
- Fold in oats, coconut flakes, and ground flax seeds and continue to mix until oats start to clump together in the bowl.
- In a non-stick pan or pan lightly greased to prevent sticking, add your oat mixture and lightly press down on mixture to coat the surface of the pan. Allow mixture to sit, untouched and cook for 2 minutes and then gently break apart the oat mix into bigger chunks.
- Continue to stir and toast oats clusters for 4-5 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Remove pan from heat and allow oats to cool for at least 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Make gluten free by opting for gluten free rolled oats in place of regular rolled oats.
- Make nut free by using a seed based butter like sunflower seed butter or tahini. The runnier it is, the better!
Keywords: blood orange, ginger, granola, granola clusters