This lemon tahini quinoa salad is the perfect lunch you can meal prep for the week. Uses simple ingredients and is loaded with plant protein and veggies.
Salad Base Ingredients
- 1/4 small red onion (finely diced)
- 1 carrot (peeled and diced)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup roasted broccoli
- 6–7 leaves of basil (chopped)
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1/4 tsp adobo seasoning
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp of tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- In a small bowl combine dressing ingredients and whisk together until smooth then set aside. Add additional water at 1 tablespoon at a time and whisk to adjust to a thinner consistency if desired.
- In a medium bowl, combine red onion, carrot, black beans, quinoa, broccoli and basil. Toss to evenly mix and combine all ingredients.
- Pour dressing over quinoa mix and toss together to combine well, making sure dressing is evenly distributed.
- Serve quinoa or pack in Tupperware containers with extra lemon wedges to help freshen when it’s time to eat.
- Feel free to double this recipe to make for meal prep throughout the week.
- Make this salad even faster by prepping quinoa in advance for the week for a quick throw together salad mid week.
Keywords: black beans, quinoa, quinoa salad, tahini