Chofan Dominicano is a common Dominican Style Chinese Fried Rice. It's also the easiest and tastiest way to clear out your fridge in less than 20 minutes.
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 small red onion (diced)
- 1/2 bell pepper (diced)
- 1 cup cauliflower (roughly chopped)
- 4 large cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice that has been cooled or refrigerated
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame or peas
- Bunch of kale or spinach (optional)
- In a pan heated to medium heat, add oil and spread around pan.
- Add in onion and green bell pepper and sauté until onion is softened.
- Toss in chopped cauliflower and continue stirring around pan with onion and pepper mixture for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in minced garlic and sauté mixture continuously until garlic is fragrant, about one minute.
- Fold in paprika and oregano making sure it coats the vegetables well.
- Stir in rice, allowing rice to contact all the flavors in the pan while keeping mixture constantly moving in the pan.
- Continue sautéing for a minute and then add in soy sauce, edamame and kale.
- Continue to move rice around the pan until edamame is cooked through. Make sure soy sauce is absorbed into the rice before removing from heat. Serve as is or along with other protein options.
- For best result, making sure to opt for cooled or refrigerated rice for a firm texture.
- Feel free to swap vegetables out for other vegetables of your liking.
- Aim to keep vegetables roughly about the same size to encourage even cooking time.
- To make gluten free, opt for gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos in place of the soy sauce.
Keywords: fried rice, rice