These vegan chickpea blondies are the perfect fudgy dessert that is close to having a deep dish cookie. Easy to make and only 9 ingredients!
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tbsp organic brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 15.5 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips plus extra for topping
- Set oven to 350F. Place all oats, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a high speed food processor or blender and process it into a flour.
- Add in chickpeas and remaining liquid ingredients except chocolate chips into the food processor or high speed blender with tamper and process until batter is smooth.
- Scrap down sides to allow even blending.
- Once the batter is smooth, fold in chocolate chips then spoon out the batter into a 8×8 baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Allow blondies to completely cool before cutting into them.
You can sub out the peanut butter for an allergy friendly option or a different nut butter. Opt for natural nut butters that have a runny consistency for best results.
Feel free to leave the vanilla extract out if you don’t have it on hand.
Feel free to swap out maple syrup for a different liquid sweetener.
I have not tested sugar substitutes in this recipe, so test at your own discretion.
Keywords: chickpea blondies, vegan chickpea blondies