This tofu and lentil curry is all things smoky, complex flavor, and creamy. Perfect for dinner and can be made in the Instant Pot.
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small sweet potato, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 15 oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 cup light or full fat coconut milk
- 1 block super firm tofu, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
Stove Top Instructions
- Heat up your pan to medium heat and saute onion and green peppers until onion is translucent.
- Add in sweet potato, ginger and garlic and make sure to continue moving them around the pan to prevent them from burning.
- Add tomato paste along with spices and saute until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in lentils, diced tomatoes, coconut milk, give a good stir to fully combine.
- Gently fold in tofu along with vegetable broth. Bring mixture to a boil and then immediately reduce to a low simmer and allow to cook for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are tender.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Set Instant Pot to saute. Follow all instructions as you would if cooking on stove top.
- Once you've added the vegetable broth, switch Instant Pot to manual high pressure. Set timer to 13 minutes and make sure lid is set to seal.
- Allow pressure to release naturally. Remove lid and serve curry as desired.
- Use super firm tofu to save time as you do not need to press this before use. If using extra firm tofu, make sure to press before using. Not sure how to press tofu, you can use this guide.
- Adjust seasonings as desired. I love adding sriracha on top for an extra spicy kick.
Keywords: curry, tofu