These fluffy tofu scramble are the perfect high protein addition to breakfast or any meal! Quick, easy and just a few ingredients to the fluffiest scramble!
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 black firm or extra firm tofu, drained
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (use coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce as an alternative)
- 1 tsp garlic chili sauce or sriracha
- 1 heaping tbsp tahini
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a pan to medium heat. If using a normal pan, add a tsp of oil to prevent sticking or use a nonstick pan to do this oil free.
- Add in onion and saute until translucent.
- Crumble tofu with hands into the pan, leave some bigger chunks if desired.
- Add in soy sauce and all dry spices, herbs, and nutritional yeast and stir to combine.
- Allow everything to cook and become fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in tahini, garlic chili sauce and milk.
- Bring eggs to a low simmer while continuously stirring.
- Allow tofu to cook and absorb liquid for about 3-5 minutes or until tofu looks fluffy. The tofu should have a slightly runny consistency like normal eggs tend to have when cooking.
- Remove from heat and serve tofu as desired.
- You can leave out the nutritional yeast if desired. Feel free to adjust to flavoring as desired.
- The garlic chili sauce and sriracha are not necessary, but I find they help to enhance some of the garlic flavor in these eggs and make them more flavorful.
- If you don’t have almond milk, you can swap for other plant based milks or even feel free to use water as an alternative.
- To make appropriately gluten free, make sure to swap out soy sauce for gluten free soy sauce or coconut aminos.
Keywords: tofu, tofu scramble