This healthy cannellini tahini stew is an easy and quick weeknight dinner. Satisfyingly smoky and creamy, this meal only needs basic ingredients to make.
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 6 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 6oz can tomato paste
- 2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up a non-stick pan to medium heat. Add in onion, pepper and mushrooms along with a pinch of salt.
- Allow veggetables to sweat untouched for a minute before starting to stir. Stir well and cook until translucent.
- Add in garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add paprika, basil and tomato paste. Cook mixture for about 2 minutes, stirring well.
- Stir in cannellini beans to combine in sauce, then add in tahini and water.
- Stir well and bring to a low simmer. Allow to simmer for about 8-10 minutes, stirring on occassion.
- Turn off heat and add in lemon juice and stir once more. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- If you want some extra fancy ingredients to add in to this meal, I highly recommend stirring in some minced capers in.
- If too acidic for your liking, feel free to add 1-2 tsp sugar or maple syrup to balance.