A beautiful salsa that isn't just all looks. It packs a lovely punch of heat, sweet and tang. Perfect for topping your bowls or enjoying with chips.
- 1 blood orange, diced
- 1/4 small red onion, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño, finely diced
- 5 sprigs cilantro, finely minced
- 2 small roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Combine all diced ingredients into a bowl.
- With a spoon or spatula, gently fold ingredients together.
- Adjust salt to preference and toss salsa together once more.
- Allow salsa to sit in the fridge for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Feel free to use fruit of choice for this.
- Tomatoes are not in season, but you can also use Sunset cherry tomatoes or Campari tomatoes as a replacement. These tomatoes tend to have a lot of flavor all year round and are nice and bright red even now.
Keywords: blood orange, cilantro, fruit, garlic, jalapeno, red onion, salsa, tomatoes