One of my favorite ways to add a good dose of veggies at breakfast. Best part is that you’ll be boosting fiber and other antioxidants without hindering the taste of your oats.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/2 medium sized zucchini, finely grated
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 1 medium sized banana, mashed
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- Add oats, flax seed, cinnamon, ginger, and salt to a medium size sauce pan then evenly mix together.
- Add grated zucchini, mashed banana, maple syrup and soy milk. Stir together and place on stove top over medium to low heat.
- Allow mixture to cook for 5 minutes or until desired consistency is reach, stirring on occasion to prevent mixture from sticking to bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat and distribute to two bowls. Top with desired fruit or nut butter spreads then serve.
If you let the cooked oatmeal continue to sit it will continue to thicken. Feel free to adjust with additional liquid to adjust to desired consistency.